So this actually happened a little bit ago (4 days) but I was too embarassed to write about it. Now, I am able to laugh about it and I'm glad to share it with you :)
On Saturday, Michael had to work from 3 until 9:30 at night! No fun for a Saturday, but I decided to go up to Alpine and hang out with his family instead of being home alone in the apartment. Anyway! So I drove Michael to work and then proceeded up to Alpine. Right when I got to his parent's house, I received a call. I answered the phone, turned off the music, opened the door, locked it, and got out......without the keys....with the car still on.....and no spare key. Did I really do that?!? There is no way I could be that dumb! Right? Well, at least that's what I thought until this happened. Our car that has problems with overheating is stuck turned on and I have no way of fixing it. Good.
We ended up searching the house for any key that might go to our car to open it, but none of them worked. We had a few options: 1) break a window to turn off the car 2) call roadside service which would have taken an hour or two for them just to get there, or 3) me borrow my mom's car and drive down to Provo to get keys from Michael. Guess which one I got to do?! Wahoo! Yay for driving :)
Well, Michael isn't exactly very accessible when he is teaching in the MTC. He doesn't have his phone on, I have no idea where his classroom is, I wouldn't be able to go inside even if I did, and the operator on the phone also didn't know where his classroom was. I finally was able to remember a name of one of the missionaries he teaches and they were able to contact Michael and tell him to call me.
What a fun day huh? Driving to Alpine twice and back to Provo twice, freaking out the whole time that the car is going to blow up, can't get ahold of my husband, and I'm starving! haha Anyway, I hope this provided some sort of entertainment for you :) I was reliving all the emotions as I wrote it :) Loves!
No comments:
Post a Comment