Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Family Galore!

These last two weeks have been crazy!!! But oh so much fun :)Last Wednesday, Michael and I headed up to Alpine to hitch a ride with my family up to our Edwards Family Reunion in Colorado. It was so fun! I loved getting to see all of my relatives and of course all their little babies! Yes, I'm getting more and more baby hungry every day.

The first day we got there, we went on a hike. If anyone really knows me or Michael, hikes are basically our least favorite thing to do...ya. BUT! It actually turned out to be pretty great. It was a short hike (3-4 miles) and it had a beautiful waterfall at the end!













Here is Michael posing as though he were on one of those ridiculous Nature Valley commercials :)















Gotta love it!
Random other pics of the family :)









Catie and our little cousin Eric
Mom, Carrie, and Rachel (Beautiful picture of all of them!)

Sadly, I didn't get any pictures of us up at the camp, but it was great! We had arts and crafts galore, all you can eat buffet, swimming pool, volleyball, mini golf, and tons of other family games :) I loved it and Michael really got to know a lot of my relatives. (He remembered way more names than I thought he would) Love him! At the end of the reunion, we had  family testimony meeting. It was beautiful and very inspiring. We got to talk about Grandpa and Grandma Edwards a lot and about the wonderful legacy they have left behind. The gospel really is the thing that brings families closest.

After the reunion, we got to stay with my Aunt Patricia and Uncle Mark. Their house is so lively and fun to be at! The only problem we had was that Michael is very allergic to cats....Claratin is amazing. On Monday, all the boys went to an amusement park (jealous much?) and all the girls (except Mallory) stayed in Louisville and went around that little town. It was so cute! There was a little italian ice place that we all went to and right when we walked in, there were pictures of basically everyone in that town. No joke. The lady who owns it really does know every single person who lives in that town. Crazy!

The last day of our Colorado trip was spent at the Natural History Museum and then at the Rockies game! Sadly no pics from the Rockies game, but here are some from the museum...

This is a heat sensor camera. It was awesome! The green areas are cold and the red are hot. This is Michael and my dad. Can you guess which one?
Dinosaurs...nuff said

Michael almost being eaten by a bear...not really...
My little bro Michael either giving me the death glare...or trying to look mysterious....not sure which one

Ginormous Walruses! Michael and Tom didn't really wanna smile...they were too intimidated


Okay!!!! So that is Colorado in a nut shell! On to Elko, NV.

Well, on Wednesday, we got home to our apartment at about 9:00pm. We then had to do laundry, clean up a little, I had to study for my test the next day, and pack. Thursday morning, I went to class, took my test (and totally aced it :)), came home to finish packing, left for Alpine, and we were off to Elko for another family reunion. No need to say that we were already exhausted beyond belief, but to top it all off, during the Colorado trip, my ankles had started to swell up. Yay!

Anyway, so once we got on the road, the drive was a ton shorter than going to Colorado! How nice is that? I think we had more food for that road trip than the one for Colorado, but who is complaining? Once we got to Elko, we got a tour of Aunt Lauren and Uncle Bob's  house. It was so great! Aunt Lauren had just recently redone the entire interior of the house and it was beautiful. I love seeing how everyone has such a different taste and style and yet they pulll it off! It was great! There was always something to do and sometimes even too much to do!

Michael was awake until late just playing games with his brothers and brothers in law and catching up with them. I was asleep :) I love that I was able to sleep through commotion. That is not usually the case. We were able to go boating on Friday and Saturday and had such a wonderful time with the family :) Thank you Aunt Lauren and Uncle Bob for having us!!!!!!!

So, I got more video than pictures from this trip, but here are the Hooley boys! Love 'em!
Too cute for words!All the Hooley boys! What a good lookin' family :)

1 comment:

  1. Your pictures are so dang cute! I'm glad you guys had so much fun! But we are glad you are back!

    ReplyDelete