Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Oh Canada!

So after 3 months of being extremely excited to get tan on the beaches of Cabo San Lucas, Puerto Viarta, and Mazatlan, our trip took a literal 180. Because of the wonderful swine flu going on down in Mexico, our cruise was re-routed to...can you guess it?.....CANADA! Well, even though we were excited that our cruise was still on and not cancelled, you can imagine how slighted we felt.

We then decided we were going to go with the best attitudes we could muster up and still have fun. And we did....oh so much fun! Everything on the ship was amazing! The ship was beautiful and there really was so much to do! I got to beat Michael in Mini-golf (he won a few times too) and we ate to our heart's content :) (we are now paying for that, but it was....worth it?)

We ended up stopping in Astoria, Victoria, and Vancouver. Vancouver was actually warmer than Long Beach, CA! Can you imagine that? We couldn't! Hence the many sweatshirts you see us wearing.

Anyway, of course I thought the best part was the show during dinner! Our Maitre'd would sing a different song every night while each of the waiters danced on tables. They were actually pretty good! The hard thing though was that we were smack dab in the center of the restaurant and since the Maitre'd announced that we were "honeymooners" on the very first day of the cruise, all eyes were on us!!! Michael really enjoyed that (sarcasm).

The other shows on the ship were great as well! The singers were amazing and the dancers (though a little on the slutty side) were awesome.

All in all, the trip was a 10 and we enjoyed every minute of it. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the blog! I am so excited that you guys have one now. It is so fun to see all of your pictures. I had seen the wedding ones but I loved seeing the honeymoon! Welcome to the world of blogging!

    ReplyDelete